Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Has It Been That Long?

Oh dear. What a lack of updates. In my defense I was halfway through a post last week when my Dad turned the router off without asking if I was using the internet. I was so pissed off I didn't finish the post. A true story.

Other news. I have begun preparations for Christmas. Don't look so shocked, I work in retail. I am far too aware of how mental people become at that special time of year. So far I have made the Christmas cake and three Christmas puddings. From scratch, without the help of an electric mixer. I must have been mental. I also intend to have my Christmas shopping done totally by the end of November.

I blame it on light-headedness brought on by having my long locks chopped off. Hope to post a pick of that soon, maybe tomorrow.

And, yes, I still haven't heard my results. Rang the university and apparently it won't be until the middle of November. But at least I have stopped anxiously waiting on the post each morning.

3 Comments:

At 1:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes it has been that long!

So who is your kitchen role model - very impressive producion rate btw.

Short hair? For Winter? Are you mad?

You know that results envelope is just waiting for you to lull your defences. It will strike when you least expect it. No-one expects the Spanish Examination Results. Their three main weapons are...

 
At 10:23 AM, Blogger Sessy said...

I had a Spanish exam and no one told me?

That's like a nightmare I used to have!

 
At 6:06 AM, Blogger SaneScientist said...

I hate waiting for post. When I waited for my work permit, my inner alarm clock would literally wake me just long enough to check the mail - before returning to bed.

I still have anxiety dreams about exams. My worst one involved me suddenly finding out that I had to retake my Maths A level exam to pass my PhD - and the person marking was my old RE teacher who hated me even more than I hated her!

Bizarrely, I dreamt the other week that the University were going to withdraw my PhD because I hadn't been attending GCSE biology classes. WTF? My PhD is in biology and I did my GCSEs 13 years ago! I blame that dream on bad Canadian cheese.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home