Saturday, September 02, 2006

Youthful Good Looks? I sincerely doubt it.

Almost forgot to post about this. It seems that there is a slight misconception about me at my present place at work.

Several of my co-workers appear to have the strange idea that I am about 17 or 18 years old. I was asked the other week if I had had my A-level results. To which I replied 'Yes thanks. Five years ago!'.

And when buying some alcohol the other day (whilst with my sister who is also over the legal age) I was asked for ID!! My jaw hit the floor and I must have looked so stunned that the woman on the checkout launched into the lecture on how it is only my job and I could be breaking the law etc etc.

She back-pedalled when she saw the date of birth on my driving license and proceeded to call me 'Madam'.

Talk about adding insult to injury!

1 Comments:

At 1:14 PM, Blogger Godzilla said...

Remember this occasion - you will wish for it in a few years!

Mrs Zilla has just turned 31, and it was painful for her.

5 years ago in the US she was asked for ID to prove she was 21. That was an affront to her then. She would love for it to happen again!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home