Monday, July 17, 2006

Five Questions!

I asked Godzilla over at A Man of Numbers for 5 questions, and here they are. Along with the answers, of course.

1. How did you end up doing a thesis involving mummy tissue?

I've always loved studying and learning. Anything really. At school I loved science and maths (yes, I am a geek. And proud!), and I also loved history. But when it came to A-levels I ended up taking biology, chemistry and maths. There was no room for history, though I still dabbled. I did my first degree in Pharmacology and ended up working in the pharmaceutical industry, in an office job in London. This was my attempt to figure out what I wanted from working life, I discovered that this wasn't it!
So I decided to cut my losses and go back to uni, and when I looked at the Master's degrees that Manchester offered, Biomedical and Forensic Egyptology seemed perfect. I could go back to science but do some history as well. So here I am! Word count is currenly 6089 and I finally have all my images, and despite my stress induced whinging I am loving it!!!!

2. What was your best night out ever?

Erm, tough one this. I remember a night I spent with my last boyfriend where we went to the bonfire at Platt Fields Park and watch the fireworks and rode the rides. Before ending up back at home eating pizza in bed. Perfect date in my opinion.
Other than that my eighteen birthday was a riot and is something my friend's and I still laugh about. Mainly due to the drunken antics of my good (and anonymous) friend, she knows who she is.

3. What would your ideal man be like?

I don't have a set 'type' but the old clichés of humour and intelligence are way up that list. I am a strong (some would say bloody) minded young woman and I can be very bossy and do get myself in a right knot when I am upset. So I need someone who can tell me when I am being a fool, but still love me for it!
In the looks department I am a traditionalist. Tall, dark and handsome, baby!!

4. You can only ever play one game again, what would it be?

Toughest one yet!!! I love so many games on so many formats! Though I don't actually own them, I would probably say World of Warcraft or Guild Wars as they are so opened ended that I could never get bored.
Out of my own collection? Probably Fable The Lost Chapters. Kicking those chickens never gets old! But all bets are off when the Wii and the new Zelda game comes out!!

5. What single thing would you change about your life right now?

Is that a pun, Goddy? The single thing? If I can only change one thing it wouldn't be my relationship status, it would be my financial one! Cash is tight and having to work cuts into the time I could be spending on my university work. Being financially secure would also allow me to go travelling and do a PhD without having to whore myself to the retail world.

Thanks for the questions and I hope I have answered them in a satisfactory manner. If anyone wants questions, I'll do my best.

1 Comments:

At 1:39 PM, Blogger Godzilla said...

Sorry for the late response, but I've had internet access issues!

Good answers.

I was wondering how you ended up cutting up mummies!

Mrs Zilla also has a yearning for Zelda games - I never get a look in!

No - no pun intended I promise. Without the job at Asda what would you have to moan about?!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home