Thursday, November 04, 2004

No sex in this city!

As a young single woman I reada worrying statistic the other day. Women out number men in London by something like 500, 000! They even have an acronym for girls like me - LOST girls which stands Living in London, On own, Single, Twentysomething. So I guess I'm one of the Lost Girls, as in you'll Never, Never Land a bloke.

Ah well, my Carrie Bradshaw style life will just have to be put on hold. Work is very busy anyway.

The other day my boss asked me to meet someone at the Park Lane Marriott, pick up a package and bring it to a meeting we were having. So the next morning I dutifuly sat in the lobby of this lovely hotel and waited for my 'contact'. I assumed she was staying in the hotel. At the appointed hour the lady in question walks in off the street says hello and hands me a carrier bag. We say goodbye, leave the hotel lobby and walk in opposite directions.

How dodgy must we have looked!!

The Saga Of The Fridge is also nearly at a satisfying conclusion, no spleen rending was necessary. The new fridge was delivered yesterday and so far it is working well, a man will apparently appear on Monday to fit it into place and remove the old one. So at the moment we have two fridges but very little space in the kitchen. But I can live with that if it means my yoghurts are at a sensible temperature. Muller Vitality should not give you an ice cream headache, it's just wrong!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home