Saturday, August 21, 2004

Trains that go under the ground? It'll never catch on!

So I made it all the way to London and back in one day, quite an achievement for me at least. Not without it's obstacles though. Nearly missed my first train at half nine due to horrendous roadworks. I had to walk to the station, in new shoes! With heels! :(

Getting to London wasn't a problem at all, and we actually arrived early. So Virgin Trains can get it right sometimes. And because they had forgotton to put up the reservations, I got to sit in First Class. Tee Hee!

I managed to brave the Underground alone, but I think we must have been very close to the bowels of Hell. Warm doesn't describe it!

How big is Paddington station?! I had to run for my train as it was bloody miles away from the boards and they only put the platform number up 2 minutes before the train was due to leave! Bastards!

While getting to Ealing was easy, getting back was a little more fraught. When I arrived at Euston tube station, the doors didn't open. A disembodied voice then announced there was a suspect package on the platform and we would not be stopping. The Russian next to me giggles and says 'Bomb!'. I shoot him my patented Death Glare and he shut up.

So I ended up at King's Cross where I was told that Euston had been evacuated. At this point I fully expected my parent's to see this one the news and flip out. Luckily only the tube station was closed, so I could walk from King's Cross and still get home.

I eventually got home and went straight to bed.

Oh yeah, and the interview went OK too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home