Saturday, September 18, 2004

Professor Cheney I presume?

Well, you presume wrong!

I have over the past few days been receiving calls on my mobile from a very worried sounding young man, asking for Prof. Cheney.

Well at least it wasn't Dick Cheney!

Anyway, yesterday things came to a head when I found an actual number from one of these missed calls on my phone. All the others had come up 'Unknown'. The type of call you usually reject on principle that it MUST be someone arsing around.

Well, I rang said number back and reached some auction house. Yes, my life really is this random. The woman on the other end got a bit shirty when I asked her why they had been ringing me. Especially when I have nothing up for auction (except eBay, please please bid!! Shameless plug ended).
I told her that I had been receiving odd calls for several days asking for the errant academic Cheney. She went quiet and told them that she would make sure everyone knew that this was the wrong number.

I feel sorry for Cheney in all this, poor bugger is probably wondering if his antique creut set has sold and all he keeps getting are phone calls asking if he can work a double shift on the checkouts next Tuesday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home