Thursday, September 30, 2004

Moving Forward Or Just Sliding Sideways?

The blog has been sorely neglected as I have been doing grown up things. Such as flat hunting and getting quotes on van hire.

Dad and I made a trip to London on Saturday and walked bloody MILES! We were trudging down the rain when we got stuck behind this old couple who refused to move overto others pass. Don't you just hate when that happens! The old lady had a bad limp and the fella was blind, why me God!

Well, I found a flat. Nice but small and expensive. Not what a girl likes to hear. Hope to move in a week on Sunday. But I will be getting broadband installed so I can still waste my life on t'internet.

All I need now is confirmation of my start date from my employer and I can hand in my notice at the supermarket. Huzzah! How I cannot wait for that sweet taste of freedom. A lady complained to me today that I had but the sandwich chillers (which are at the entrance of the store) in a stupid place.

I work on the checkouts, fridge placement is not one of my duties.

"So, now I have to queue up twice! I've bought my shopping and now I have go and get my lunch and queue again!"
"You could always pick up the sandwich on the way in and put it in your basket before you do the rest of your shop."

She shut up and left. The general public are anything but general in their weirdness! There was a fight over who got one of the electrice scooters the other day. Two old biddys screaming at one another. It's not right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home