Monday, November 08, 2004

I left my phone in work....

and all weekend I've felt cut off from the world. It's like losing a limb or something.

Ever tried to send a text message from a phone box in the dead of night? Scary as hell! I hate phone boxes and it was only because I had a majorly important message to send that I was there. Honest.

However, it all worked out fine and after a dismal start to Saturday (toaster ate my pop tart, frustrating shopping trip, mard arse bus driver and a whackto my elbow - God hates me sometimes, good job I'm an athiest) some friends and I went to watch the spectacular fireworks at Alexandra Palace.

The display was absolutely fantastic and even a seeing a scary drunken chav being held down by three men and carted away by about eight policemen, whilst his chav girlfriend screeched she was pregnant(she was about 14), couldn't dampen our spirits.

The hour it took us to walk the short distance to the tube station was slightly exasperating. Just grateful that I didn't have a car, there are probably still some drivers trying to get home even now!

The policeman directing traffic was reduced to giving continuous directions to Wood Green Tube - "Over the first roundabout, left at the next...."

Nobody listens and he was getting a bit pissed off. "Just follow everyone else!"

So, the Christmas lights are now up on Regent Street. After swearing I would not go shopping in Central London again until they come down, I've found that I really do need to go. Not just for Christmas presents, but also for a suitable outfit for out Christmas party. Not for us the traditional piss up and buffet. Ours is a full on dinner and dance at the Langham hotel on Portland Place, v posh.

So I need a nice dress to wear to get our posh piss up and sit down dinner. Oh dear, I can here my bank manager howling with dispair as we speak.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home