Monday, August 02, 2004

Camptown Races sing this song....

So yesterday I managed to escape from the familial homestead for the day and went a gambling. On a Sunday! Tee Hee.
Yesterday was Family Day at the Roodee Racecourse in Chester, and a gorgeous day it was too. After plastering myself in suncream and wearing my fave jeans and rock chick top (no fancy hats and dresses for lil ol' plebian me) we headed off.
I don't think I have ever seen so many people together in one place in my life! It was heaving! However my friends and I managed to find a great spot right next to the course. There were six races and I managed to win more than I lost, I felt very jammy. Disappointingly there were no streakers this year, but we didn't hear any shotguns either.
Today I find myself with a rather odd sunburn pattern on the back of one arm and horror of horrors, I have caught the sun on my face.
I hate to tan as I always get that awful peely nose which is not very attractive. Thank God for moisturiser.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home