Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Frustration!!!

And just for a change it doesn't stem from my unending singleness.

But from university. Because of my job I can currently only make it into the lab two days a week. So I need to get a lot done while I am here. Unfortunately some power-mad bitch at the Manchester Museum doesn't seem to give a shit that my three grand's worth of tuition fees are rapidly going down the toilet. As she won't give up the time to allow my supervisor to go over and collect the samples of mummy tissue that I (and several of my coursemates) need for our final projects.

I'm running out of time. I haven't had a day off in a long time and I am incredibly tired, run down and hormonal. And all this woman needs to give up is one hour of her time, but apparently being deliberately obstructive is far more fun.

As soon as I get some contact details I will be emailing her, her boss and whoever else is necessary (rest assured I will be civil). Because I am sick of being fucked about and I don't have a great deal of patience at the best of times, but the end of my tether has been and gone.

God, I need a drink.

7 Comments:

At 10:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sessy....
I totally agree with u. Sometimes ppl tend to get on ur nerves. Its damn frustrating . I myself have been in similar situations before ....... But trust me . Getting frustrated leads nowhere... :(

 
At 1:22 PM, Blogger Godzilla said...

Presumably your supervisor can also exert some pressure?

Kick some butt though, it'll make you feel a whole lot better!

 
At 4:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mummy tissue?

 
At 3:06 AM, Blogger SaneScientist said...

Mummy tissue is one size smaller than man sized kleenex.

 
At 8:53 PM, Blogger Sessy said...

Hah!

Vindication!!

She's emailed back and apparently we should be getting our samples on Wednesday. But I'm not going to hold my breath.

She even felt it necessary to tell me she wasn't deliberately holding up the samples, something which I never even hinted at in my email. Feeling guilty?

 
At 6:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»

 
At 12:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home