Saturday, April 29, 2006

Cinders did go to the ball!

But she also had to go to work today as well.

Last night was the Faculty of Life Sciences ball at the very cheesy Sacha's hotel. I wore my best satin frock, the one which i do appear to have been poured into. Ball dresses are great but nothing copared to the relief of taking it off at the end of the night!!

A good time was had by all and my only complaint was the food, a school dinners-esqe buffet (and no dessert!!!! ¬_¬ )

The entertainment was very good but there is no romantic scandal to relate I am afraid. Our group were nigh on the only postgrads there so the idea of being chatted up by some eighteen year old who would no doubt spend the end of the evening chucking up the buckets of free 'wine' he'd drank was not desirable*

Is it too much to ask to meet a bloke my age who is not a chav, gay, taken or just plain fucking stupid? I'm only 23 for sobbing out loud.
Oh well. Pics may be added to Flikr at some point, when I get them developed.




*This is if the state of the ladies' room is any indication. At least try and make it to the toilet girls, spewing in the sink is just plain rude!).

2 Comments:

At 1:08 PM, Blogger Godzilla said...

Ha ha - Sachas! We had a Christmas do there once. The food was awful. Is the polar bear still on guard?

Sessy you want it all! No gays, chavs or stupid people?

I think I was a little bit stupid when I was 23, although I prefer the term naive now!

There are decent blokes out there, but they tend to be the quieter ones, not making arses of themselves....

 
At 5:12 PM, Blogger Sessy said...

Well, that's the problem. They're too fecking quiet!!!

I didn't see a polar bear. But then my eyesight has gone downhill of late. I was too busy dodging pools of vomit left by the undergrads.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home