Saturday, April 08, 2006

I Are Scientists


Went with L and her boy to see We Are Scientists at the Academy last night. It was a great gig. They were being supported by Foreign Born, a great band from California. I bought their EP and had a little flirt with their guitarist at the merchandise stall. The other band was Forward Russia, who I was less fond of. Mostly because their songs were all 'ironically' just numbers and they got the emo/hipster kids all riled up.

I do not apologise for shoving anyone. If you are going to bounce up and down like a retard and try to start a pit (for the love of God why! This is not a Primus gig!), you are going to get shoved.

Anyway, WAS outdid themselves and played pretty much their entire album, some B-sides and a brilliant version of Be My Baby. And the banter with the crowd was very entertaining, and it is true that in Manchester 'they like to throw shit' as Keith Murray put it.

3 Comments:

At 1:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope no cats were harmed in the making of that sleeve! :-)

 
At 7:00 PM, Blogger Sessy said...

I don't think so. They appear to be model citizens. Who appreciate felines.

Thanks for stopping by Wodge. Hope you'll come back.

 
At 11:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks! I think I'm subscribed to your blog via http://manchester.blogbound.com/ so I probably will. It looks good.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home