Wednesday, April 12, 2006

A Good Day All Round

A rubbish night's sleep aside, today has turned out pretty well.

My new jeans arrived, and they fit!!! 32" hipster jeans!! I haven't been this size since I was around 18-19. Much joy and shaking of the booty ensued.

My supervisor liked my research proposal. Although I am still bricking it, as my undergrad project was non-lab based. So aside from the histology practical I did last semester, I haven't been in a lab environment since 2003!

I got a phonecall from L when I was in Manc and it turns out that I've got a job interview for a new part time job. It's back at ASDA but the pay and hours will be better. Plus now that I'm older, I'm sure I can cope with the idiot management better.

And on the train home I met up with a girl who used to be in my tutor group in high school. We had a good natter and I was glad to see she was doing well for herself. Though shocked to hear how many of my former classmates are now sprogged up.

So it is all going rather well. So I sit waiting for that other shoe. It'll drop at some point. It always does.

2 Comments:

At 7:50 AM, Blogger Godzilla said...

The lab environment might help you focus more?

Good luck with the job, but stupid bosses don't get any more bearable as you get older, trust me on that!

Scary when your friends are "settling down" and you're not, but I figured what's the rush.

Oh and more congrats (if that's the correct term) on the jeans thing!

 
At 11:41 AM, Blogger Sessy said...

I don't think most of these people are settled down. They have just ended up with kids and are now carrying on as if nothing has changed.

Which strikes me as odd. I know you don't have to become a hermit or anything when you have kids. But things are different.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home