Friday, October 21, 2005

Why do I bother?

After spending a couple of days actually feeling proud of myself for losing weight, I went shopping for the new jeans I needed.

If there is one thing which without fail can make me swing from a vague sense of wellbeing to utter black despair. It is a bad shopping trip. Stupid though it may sound, it really can be upseting. I've put in all this work and yet I still can't get a pair of jeans to fit properly.

I can safely say that standing in front of those mirrors in the shop changing rooms yesterday, I don't think I've ever felt uglier.

Think I'm just going to start wearing a burka.

2 Comments:

At 3:57 PM, Blogger Eleanor D said...

Jeans sizings are odd... Even different pairs of jeans from the same manufacturer can vary wildly! I have several pairs that are two to three sizes bigger than I am in any other clothes, and one or two pairs that are a size smaller than I normally am (I like those ones!).

And getting jeans to fit is a bastard of a task for anyone... sometimes you'll be lucky and the first pair you try on will be great, but sometimes you can spend hours shopping and try on dozens of pairs with no luck. It's an emotional rollercoaster! ¬_¬

 
At 4:37 PM, Blogger Sessy said...

Indeed. I am at that stupid stage of being too big for a 34 waist, which sit on my hips anyway.

And not small enough for a 32. I'm going to try again next week.

But I'm taking some prozac with me to keep things upbeat.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home