Monday, October 03, 2005

Early mornings suck ass

I am not a morning person, cliched but true. So when the alarm went off this morning at 6am. My first thought after 'NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! It can't be time to get up now!' was 'Christ! It's dark!'

I walk to the train station which takes a half hour or so, so leaving the house at 7am I was shocked, nay horrified to see the bat flying around overhead! Bats are goddammed nocturnal!

I say the bat rather than a bat, as the winged rodent in question is regularly flying around our garden. I call him Keith.

Keith the Bat is not a very robust specimen, being only as big as my hand. He's also not blessed with an abundance of sense. He flies about in a continous circle for hours at a time outside our front door, seemingly preplexed at the lack of moths.

Keith! Move two feet over and your sonar will hit a whole load of horseflies! But he never listens. He just keeps going like one of those toy aeroplanes attached to the ceiling by a piece of string.

Poor Keith

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home