Sunday, October 09, 2005

I salute you Mr Whedon!

My Mum and I were big fans of Joss Whedon's Firefly after I impulsively bought the DVD boxset. So last night we went to see the film spin off, Serenity.

George Lucas must be shitting himself. This is how to do a sci-fi film. Don't get me wrong I love Star Wars but Serenity has it all. Great characters (played by actors who clearly relish their roles, Ewan take note!), great plot and a sense of humour and fun.

Also, no noise in space! It is silent like it should be, well kinda. And it retained the shaky camera work and everything that we loved about the show. Plus Nathan Fillion is purty. ^_^

If you only see one space western with psychics and gun fights this year, then make it Serenity.

My fangirl moment is now over, you'll be glad to know.

1 Comments:

At 9:00 PM, Blogger Sessy said...

I changed it recently. I'd got bored of the other tagline.

Definitly go see Serenity, it has a man named Jayne in it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home