Monday, September 19, 2005

My Shitty Day. Part the Deux

So after making my back to uni, I had a meeting my course mates and professor, who all seem lovely (and I'm not the only whos registration has gone tits up, there are several of us).

After that it was time for me to go home. I checked my train ticket was still in the back pocket of my jeans and set off. Now since moving home I have lost around half a stone in weight and dropped a dress size, my once incredibly snug jeans are now very loose. So loose in fact that my ticket had fallen out of my pocket!

Yes, how shitty did I feel. So after forking out another £7.50 which I can ill afford I got on the train home thinking all I wanted was my Dad. Got a bit sniffly which I think worried the bloke next to me. I managed to make it all the way home but when my Nanna arrived to pick me up and asked my how my day had been, the floodgates opened.

I was just so tired and frustrated that I couldn't hold it in anymore. But I've now come home to an empty house as my parents are in Hawaii and L is no to be seen. So comfort food, a hot bath and a VERY loud Nine Inch Nails CD are cheering me up.

But tomorrow is another day. Allegedly.

Sessy's Soundtrack to this post: - My Chemical Romance - I'm Not Okay (I Promise)

3 Comments:

At 1:42 PM, Blogger Greg said...

What a nice blog. Better than mine...

Sorry, was temporarily channelling comment spam there. Anyway, despite the University of Shite screwing you around, I hope you're generally glad to be back. We'll have to meet up soon.

And have you seen Page Two of Student Direct? The University's already in debt and being forced to start to selling bits of itself off to raise cash up front. It's like two people have got married to get better access to a pawnbroker. Strange world

 
At 5:48 PM, Blogger Sessy said...

I am glad to be back, and I've finally got my library card. Complete with cack photo.

I did see that article in SD. I noticed Sheavyn is one of those up for sale. The name Andrew Yates still has the ability to make me spitting mad, just by reading it.

Next thing you know it won't be the financial interest of the halls to take in students at all. Professionals only.

 
At 9:27 PM, Blogger Greg said...

Bizarrely, despite the odd claim that Yates has always been supportive of students - a clear lie - I have to admit that this time it seems he's not to blame.

Gilbert wants all the halls sold, apparently, to raise cash for research. As he sees it, Universities shouldn't own accommodation. Yates is actually fighting to keep halls, which is why it looks like this is actually going to be a remortgaging rather than a sale.

Of course, his job is at stake.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home