Monday, October 31, 2005

Feud

During my three years as an undergraduate at Manchester, I had a long running feud with John Rylands University Library.

Mainly because they're fuckers who were continually trying to charge me for books I had never taken out or books that I had brought back days earlier. They were always trying it on with the short loan collection books, that rack up fines of about £1 per hour overdue or something equally ridiculous. Not that they ever got a penny more out of me than was due.

Thing is now that I'm back as a postgrad, they're at it again!!! This time I brought the offending book back on Friday and yet it is still marked on my account. In red I might add, saying it is still overdue.

Erm, no. No, it is not. I distinctly remember hauling the enormous book in question from my home back to the library. I went to put it in the returns box and the librarian emptying it at the time took it from me instead. Along with two others, which have also not been 'returned' according to the library portal.

So I have lecture but then I am off into battle. JRUL should have learnt by now, I am not exactly a push over.

1 Comments:

At 8:42 PM, Blogger Greg said...

You should check out http://www.manchesteruniversityisretarded.blogspot.com I reckon.

Um, does this count as comment spam?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home