Monday, September 19, 2005

Every single year....

I have tried to register at Manchester University, Central Admin have managed to bollocks up my registration.

In the first year they didn't swipe my library card properly so after queuing for an hour (after being put in the wrong queue) for my loan cheque, I was told I couldn't have it. I had to go back to Central Registration and get it 're-done'.

In the second year, my registration pack just completely disappeared and the bloody Undergraduate Office kept asking me if I had checked all the boxes. Yes, every single frigging one. IT. ISN't. THERE.

Third year? I'm drawing a blank, perhaps I'm repressing something to horrible to remember.

And now to this year. Why I thought I could get away with a normal registration this year I don't know. Foolish optimism. I filled in my forms. Dutifully queued up and was then told I could register as someone needed to sign my Loyalty Bursary Scheme form. Without no fee discount and no registration. The Graduate Office tells me I have to come back tomorrow after it has been signed as they basically cannot be arsed to help me. And my queries were greeted with a blank stare or a 'Don't Know'.

So I have no library card and no access to university facilities such as the library or computers. I'm now in the Central Library after taking a trip to Pret A Manger for Green and Blacks and some lemonade, I feel less likely to cry.

Plus I saw John Thompson from Cold Feet filming something in Albert Square.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home