Sunday, September 04, 2005

How not to be elegant #7

Or

Sessy Fell Down A Mountain (Mal-co ordinated Fool That She Is)

Today I went on a walk up Moel Fammau (a local hill/mountain) which is about 1818ft (554m). All went well and we walked to the summit in good time. Unfortunately the mist in the Vale of Clwyd meant our view was somewhat hindered, but it is still stunningly beautiful up there.

Our trip down however, was slightly more perilous as we took the 'scenic route' down steep shingle covered paths. I picked myself some lucky heather from the abundance around me. About 20 steps later my ankle suddenly gave out and I came what can only be described as 'a right hideous cropper'.

It all happened so fast that I didn't even get chance to put my hands out, so I ended up falling to my knees on the stony path. Luckily I didn't manage to rip my jogging pants but I do now have a limp. Plus my right knee is now all raw, grazed, swollen, lumpified and gross. And I had several miles left to walk after that.

So much for lucky heather!

I am so poised.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home