Thursday, September 08, 2005

They're all liars!

Bathroom scales I'm talking about.

Since coming home I've been making an effort to drop some of the poundage I put on while in London. Been doing quite well, clothes fit me again and my waist has returned for all to see.

However, whenever I weigh myself in that bloody bathroom I always seem to have put on four fucking pounds overnight!

Don't think I am sleep eating, and since my clothes are not tight again, where has this come from? My theory is that a small gremlin creeps into the bathroom at night to fiddle with said scales and cause untold depression for the women of the house and untold agro for my Dad (while having to cope with three women with 'weight issues'.

Well, I've finally finished chanelling Bridget Jones. Time to find a phone contract to fit my new destitute state as a postgrad student. *Sigh*

2 Comments:

At 11:03 PM, Blogger Drone said...

What is it with you women and your weight? I bet you didn't even need to "drop off the poundage" to start with!!

Bathroom scales are so evil. They fib all the time and are stupidly inaccurate. Do what I did with Sam's scales. Break them (on purpose, not by mistake) so they can no longer cause you agro.

BTW if you're after a new phone, try this comparison site at www.mobilereserve.com

Aren't you on a contract already? If so, phone them up and haggle/threaten to leave and they'll give you a cracking deal.

 
At 10:47 AM, Blogger Sessy said...

I can't really break the scales as they aren't mine.

Besides I really do need to watch my weight. I'm only small and my BMI has crept dangerously high over the last few months.

A half a stone more or so and I'd be using the dreaded 'O' word.

But progress is being made. Worry is a wonderful diet, as my Mum says.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home