Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Recurring Dreams and Resurgent Phobias

I am having recurring dreams (actually nightmares is a better description) again, which is odd for me as I rarely remember my dreams. Least of all several in a week.

It isn't zombies this time. Worse. I keep dreaming that I've had a baby, and I just feel completely out of my depth. My little sis, L, has a dream dictionary which I have consulted (yes, I was a serious scientist once. I blame heat, it rots the brain). So this dream can mean I am feeling vulnerable and am trying to hide this from those around me. Scary huh? It can also mean I want a baby or I am about to embark on a love affair. So the dream dictionary was a bust basically.

Also my fear of bugs is back. Big time. Mainly because it is now Daddy Long Legs season. I hate them, they're like spiders but they can fucking fly! Which, frankly, is taking the piss.

Regular readers of this blog will no doubt think me a total ditz who is obsessed with shoes and terrified of zombies. This is not a bad description but I am far more self possessed in real life. Honest. I've done human dissection, allowed a fellow untrained student inject my forearm with anaesthetic then poke me with pins to see if I felt it, drunk a hella lot of vodka at 10am as part of a Pharmacology practical (no, really), I've even acted on stage and I work in a video game shop.

Point is, I don't scare that easy. But when I do, well, I regress to about 6 years old and the cries of 'Daddy!!! Make it go aware!!' can be heard throughout the house. This happened when confronted with a huge Daddy Long Legs at around midnight last night. Trouble was my Dad had been in bed asleep for around an hour.

I felt bad, really I did but what else is a spoilt Daddy's Girl like me supposed to do?

Sessy's soundtrack for this post; The Pixies - Where Is My Mind?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home