Tuesday, June 05, 2007

As If Job Hunting Wasn't Difficult Enough!

Yes, the email scammers have found another lucrative source; those of whose who need a job.

I'm signed up on a couple of job sites, and I received an email a couple of days ago from a marketing company who wanted to interview me. I wasn't really interested but decided to check out the company anyway, just to see what was involved.

I duly typed 'Teed Up Marketing' into Google and got nothing definitive, so I checked the fine print on the email. First I noticed the email had come from a Hotmail addess, which I thought was very strange.

Then in the fine print I noticed that 'Teed Up Sales Motivation' would charge me £1.50 per minute with a 4 minute minimum for the privilege of enquiring why they wanted to interview me. Alarm bells began to rang. I typed the company name in again and found this article on Gumtree.

http://forums.gumtree.com/about77622.html

I'm just glad I checked before ringing!!

4 Comments:

At 11:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

GAH! That's absolutely disgraceful. You should complain to ICSTIS, the premium phone line regulator.

They might be able to shut them down.

 
At 1:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

smart move checking it out.

I wonder how many people have been stung?

That's a pretty low trick by anyone's standards.

 
At 11:31 AM, Blogger Sessy said...

I tried to report them online to the ICSTIS but form wouldn't submit.

They have been reported before as several posts on the gumtree forum I linked to mentioned it.

However, the ICSTIS are known for being pretty useless. All that stuff about rogue dialling where people never got their money back.

Just have to be very careful.

 
At 3:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I complained to them last year about BB. Although, I should probably keep quiet about that. :-)

They hand these premium rate lines out far to easily.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home