Sunday, April 15, 2007

Exahusted! But worth it!

I've just returned home after spending this freakishly hot weekend in London. It is the first time I've been back there since I moved back to Wales in 2005. It was a little weird how I slipped back into tube journeys and how much of the City Centre I remembered.

Dad got a deal on the rooms so I got a double room to myself! Awesome, as I love to hog the whole bed. I am a terrible human being in that respect.

We saw the changing of the guard at the palace, walked round most of the British Museum and my sister finally got to see the Mold Cape which was found not far from where we live. I still haven't managed to get around all of the museum. And I would love to go back in September when the Terracotta Warriors exhibition is opened.

Saturday night we went to see the Blue Man Group and I can highly recommend this show. It was fantastic. Amazing music and just plain hilarious. I won't even try to explain it, just go and see them if you get the chance! But don't be late. Unless ritual humiliation is for you!

So after an hour in Covent Garden this morning we made the distinctly cramped journey back up to Wales. I was listening to 'Stuck In The Middle With You' which was appropriate as due to my short stature I have to sit in the middle of the back seat. Otherwise the rear view mirror is blocked.

Glad to be home now. Going to soak in a bath and flop into my own bed. Bliss!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home