Friday, August 12, 2005

A post about breasts

I have a few things I need to *ahem* get off my chest.

Yes, I have big boobs. Its not something I can hide nor do I want to, but there are a few things about having curves that wind me right up.

Women's fashion magazines. How many issues of such shite as 'Glamour' 'Elle' or god forbid 'Cosmo' have I flicked through, where some idiot journalist (using the word lightly) writes about girls being 'blessed' with ample bosoms and womanly curves. Then why for fuck's sake do you include 50 odd pages of fashion using women who look like a twiglets? The fashion pages are usually followed by several pages on the latest diet to help me lose 8 stone in a hour.

Bloody hypocrites

High Street clothes shops. I have long ago resigned myself to the fact that I won't ever be able to wear a fitted shirt that buttons up. At least not without the risk that if I take a deep breath a button could shoot off and kill someone. One thing I don't understand is why at the moment seemingly every pretty cami top I see has an empire line or similar portion into which 'my girls' are supposed to fit. And why is this bit of the top so small? So I have to go two sizes up just to fit into it, but then the rest of the top is too damn big.

So basically unless you have two bee stings, during the summer, fashion choices become limited. And don't even get me started on those little triangle bikini things. ¬_¬

At least Karl Lagerfield has the guts to be openly sizeist. (I still think he's a wanker though.)

Pervy blokes. I by no means lump all men into this category, I am not some man bashing militant feminist. I am just refering the ones who openly leer or make unnecessary and/or unwanted comments. Please tell me why it is you feel that just because a girl has big breasts it is OK to go up to her and comment on them? How often do you hear a guy go up to a flat chested girl and say

"Christ love, you look like two peas on an ironing board!"

But its OK to tell me that I'll never need a life jacket or other such shite.

Oh, and this one goes out to both men and women.

Yes. It is rude to ask if they are real. So don't. OK?

2 Comments:

At 4:16 PM, Blogger Drone said...

I know the post was a rant, but it made me chuckle. Thanks. :-D

 
At 6:10 PM, Blogger SaneScientist said...

Hmmm?

Sorry, I was distracted.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home