Monday, August 22, 2005

Even though my family love me...

I have been told in no uncertain terms that if keep humming the opening riff to Deep Purple's 'Smoke On The Water', I will find mysef homeless. Very quickly.

Apparently it's annoying.

I'm dusting off the CV and applying for a part time job. Back in the dreaded retail sector as I need coinage for my daily trips to Manchester in September. Oasis and HMV are top of my list. Though a phrase about choosy beggers springs to mind. But there is NO WAY IN HELL that I am going back to ASDA.

I still wake up in a cold sweat thinking about my time in that hell hole.

Wish me luck!

2 Comments:

At 10:41 PM, Blogger SaneScientist said...

I'm handing out leaflets and registering stuents, on minimum wage for the university that I got my PhD at... I'd say that qualifies as ironic.

 
At 9:36 AM, Blogger Sessy said...

Asda is truly awful. I was once physically threatened by a customer while I sat on a till about 3 METRES from the security office and the only person who came to see if I was OK was my equally tiny and defenceless friend on the till behind.

The management are wankers who I have argued with on numerous occasions about the way they treat their staff.

Don't worry Sane. Think of it as an exercise in meeting new people. A proper position for someone with your qualifications is bound to come up soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home