Thursday, August 11, 2005

How not to be elegant #6

Yes, it never rains but it pours when it comes to my amazing ability to fall down or knock things over.

Yesterday was my last day in work, so after a lovely card, cakes and present most of the office trooped down to the pub.

Later in the evening, and not that much later if that is what you are thinking, we were saying our goodbyes. The new receptionist reached across the table to hug me so I stood up. But my overstuffed handbag slipped off my shoulder and knocked an almost full bottle of Smirnoff Ice flying.

It managed to soak not one but two of my now ex-colleagues. I felt very bad.

I am so poised.

2 Comments:

At 3:53 AM, Blogger SaneScientist said...

I once poured an entire pint of lager down the back of a girl I was chatting up. Waste of £2.

 
At 10:55 AM, Blogger Sessy said...

Down her back? While you were talking to her? That takes some doing.

Was she so awful that pint lobbing was the only way out?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home