Saturday, August 13, 2005

Last day in the Big Smoke

Tomorrow my parents and a van will arrive to take me back home to Wales. So here is what I've loved and loathed about my time in the captial;

Things I'll miss about London;

1. Not being limited on where I can go just because I don't have a car. People complain about public transport but on the whole my experiences have been positive.

2. Being able to spend an afternoon in such places as the National Gallery, British Museum, Kew Gardens or the Tower of London, if I so choose.

3. Camden. Great markets, even better for people watching.

4. The shopping. Nuff said.

5. Being able to slob about the flat (when flatmate is out) in a Darth Vader T shirt and a pair of pants. No way my mum is going to let me get away with that at home.

Things I won't miss about London;

1. Having to explain to people I meet why I don't have a Welsh accent when I'm from Wales. And being constantly asked to say the longest place name. (This will still be a problem when I start uni in Manc again)

2. Crazy flatmates. Mine makes my family look the picture of sanity.

3. Not living on a main road halfway between a fire station, police station and a hospital. I hear sirens in my sleep.

4. No tourists walking far too slowly down the middle of the pavement. Just get out of my chuffing way!

5. The price of beer. Just shocking.

2 Comments:

At 12:52 AM, Blogger Greg said...

Darth Vader wore a T-shirt?

 
At 11:16 AM, Blogger Sessy said...

He must have had some slobbing out clothes. Can't have worn that suit all the time.

Even Vader must've sat in his PJs and read the Sunday papers sometimes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home