Monday, November 22, 2004

I have embraced my inevitable spinsterhood...

..and spent Friday night eating ice cream and watching films. Mmmm strawberry cheesecake flavour ice cream.

Saturday saw me battling along Oxford Street to Waterstones to spend a £20 voucher. I got three books for about £1 each. 'Ave it!

I completed my relaxing weekend with a trip to the wonderful National Gallery, which is such a lovely place to an afternoon. If the art on the walls (which is astounding) is not to your taste then simply settle back in a well placed comfy leather chair and watch the people instead. Heaven.

I must confess to going into the giftshop, and being tempted by all the tacky thins on display which you just had to have when you were a child. Oddly shaped rubbers, crap pens and other crap which seemed essential when you were 10 and hada couple of quid in your pocket!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home