Friday, August 17, 2007

Update - not really for the squeamish!

Thought I might be a bit gross and post some pics of my damaged hand. Don't worry, all the pictures are from after I had the op! Having my fingers split open didn't really put me in the mood to take pictures of the bloody mess I was left with!

This is the cast I ended up with when I woke up after surgery. It extended all the way up to my elbow! Bloody heavy too!
Me and my cast. As I had been on the gynecology ward (don't ask!) they didn't even have a sling to give me!
Luckily I only had to suffer the cast for two days, before they removed it and gave me a splint instead. You can see the pen marks they drew on me to make sure they operated on the correct arm! As if they the lacerations and general lumpiness of my fingers wasn't enough!!
And this is me after the stitches came out. That black blob is the head of the pin which pinned the bone in my little finger together. They took a pair of pliers to me yesterday and pulled it out. Funny thing was, it didn't hurt. Just got this strange stretching feeling inside my finger and then it popped out. The nurse let me keep it, morbid little bugger that I am.

So now I am just waiting to start physio. Fingers crossed I get full movement back.

1 Comments:

At 12:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That looks grim, but I'm pleased to see the cast is off.

You've got youth on your side clearly.

I'd have wanted to keep the pin too, so we're both morbid I guess!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home