Wednesday, January 25, 2006

No More Wasted Energy

I've come to a decision about The Boy I Like, it's just to much effort to like someone I don't have a chance with. So he will have to become The Boy I Only Like As A Friend.

I have neither the time nor the energy to waste right now. He's a great bloke and we get along well as mates, which I enjoy. It is only to be expected. I've never been much of a flirt so guys always see me as a friend. Despite my best efforts.

So friends it is. As I have to spend two weeks in Egypt with him and 6 others. So no tension allowed.

Anyway, I'll be far too busy freaking out over my science essays that are due in at the end of February to be fancying a boy. How's this for a fun 3000 words;

Discuss the scope and limitations of mass spectrometric methods for forensic investigation of ancient (2000 year old) tissue samples.

Please bear in mind the 2 HOURS of lectures we've had on mass spec, from a bloke who uses Microsfot Word to make presentations. There are 6 other questions but they are all equally vile.

I be afeared.

6 Comments:

At 7:46 PM, Blogger Eleanor D said...

I don't consider myself much of a flirt either - I'll flirt back if it's instigated by someone I fancy, but that's it. If it happens, it happens :)

I had a rather fun 2500 words:-

""The European Convention of Human Rights is too protective of privacy under the Article 8 provision. This is a result of being too liberal about relationships beyond the true scope of 'family life'."

Discuss."

Far too subjective for my tastes - and it's probably no coincidence that the lecturer set a question that has never been debated in academic articles. :P I really couldn't tell if I was on the right lines at all...

 
At 11:20 PM, Blogger Drone said...

Just flirt with him. What's the worst that can happen?
Just remember to touch your hair a lot, be open with your body language and he should get the idea.
If doesn't, he's doesn't deserve to have a penis. :D

Seriously though, what makes you think you don't have a chance with him? I though one of your resolutions was to be more positive?

 
At 10:56 AM, Blogger Sessy said...

I'm not being negative, it just wouldn't work. I live here in the Quay, he is elsewhere.

Plus he's real close with his ex, and I believe that something is more than likely to happen there.

Besides I feel ridiculous doing all that eye batting, hair flicking shit.

 
At 11:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello
I found your blog through http://manchizzle.blogspot.com/ and it dawned on me that you are doing ther same MSc I did a few years back. Looks like the essay qns havent changed much!
Great blog btw. Sorry for the intrusion.

 
At 12:35 PM, Blogger Sessy said...

Thanks for dropping by Aetheria, nice to hear of someone who has survived this course.

Have decided NOT to do the mass spec essay. Gone for the old chestnut of schistosomiasis.

Unoriginal but easier.

 
At 2:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, I survived, but there were only 4 or 5 of us. It was a mich simpler time. Everytime I see the Prof, I am amazed by how many students she has!

Ah the old schisto! Have fun and good luck.

If you dont mind, I may link to you so I dont forget to read your blog. Its very refreshing and enjoyable!

x

 

Post a Comment

<< Home