Thursday, December 08, 2005

The Deadlines Are Coming! Save Yourself!

I have just over a week before my two big pieces of work for this semester are due in. The scientific part was an experimental write up about the histology practical. No real problems there and the work is all but done. Just a few references to stick in and then the proofing.

The problem is with my Egyptology essay. I'm writing about Old Kingdom non-royal tomb art. Which is more interesting than it probably sounds. What is giving me trouble is that I have to rework the entire way I think.

I've been trained for several years now, in how to write scientifically. Everything has to be referenced and my own opinion is not included unless it is backed up with results and references to earlier work.

Humanities doesn't work like this and it's giving me pains to put in what I think the scenes represent. As at the back of my mind all I can think is that I'm not doing things properly.

2000 words down. 4000 to go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home