Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Silly Me

As part of my course, I got to go and observe a Post Mortem yesterday in full scrubs, gown, wellies, wellies and head visor. It was a fantastic experience, and gives you a real sense of how amazing we are. As well as how we need to take care of ourselves as we are also quite fragile in some respects.

As it takes me so long to get to Manchester and it was an especially early start, I didn't have time for any food or drink before I left. After standing in the stifling morgue for a good hour or so, I began to feel a bit funny.

Which is odd, as I'm not in the least bit squeamish. But when the tunnel vision set in, I knew it was time to have a sit down on the floor for a minute. Once my gown was opened at the back I felt a whole lot better and could carry on, albeit slightly paler than usual (a feat in itself).

Later on at work, the same thing happened when I turned around too quickly.

Need to get my morning routine sorted out before I do something really stupid.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home