Thursday, November 24, 2005

It Is Indeed The Root Of All Evil

My sis, L, wanted to get her boyfriend a Sony PSP for Christmas. She ordered one on the internet but to no avail, in the meantime I managed to get my hands on one in work. I paid for it with the understanding that L would pay me back at the earliest possible time.

She cancelled the internet order and got her money back, £180. She owes me £150 and when I asked her for it yesterday I was told that I could have £50 and the rest when she had it. I was not happy. L has managed to buy herself a load of new clothes including a christmas party outfit but I have not been paid. Also her boyfriend owes me a few quid as well.

So last night when I got home I told her that I was skint due to paying for this PSP and that she couldn't have it until she paid me. Money in exchange for goods? A time honoured tradition. The parents were in agreement with me on this one.

All hell broke loose and I was branded Queen Bitch of the Universe. As I was apparently delibrately trying to ruin her Christmas. Hmmm, let's get this straight.

She spends the money she owes me, while I am working all hours to pay for my train fares and fees. While she can work at her job (oh yes, she is employed too), not have to worry about fees and get a lift to uni.

But I'm the bitch?

Dad then had to step into the breach, with eldest daughter (me) crying in the living room and youngest daughter (L) crying in her bedroom upstairs. So Daddy, who now thoroughly wishes he had had boys, is paying the difference L owes me while she gives me £50.

L and I are still not speaking however.

I fucking hate Christmas.

1 Comments:

At 7:31 PM, Blogger Sessy said...

I was, but that doesn't always matter.

Luckily we are now speaking again and L has paid me everything she owes me, all bar 2 quid which I can wait for.

I'm not a total bitch.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home