Monday, November 14, 2005

Was It A Full Moon?

Christmas shopping is hotting up, and so I've spent a very busy weekend in work. Which is fine, but Sunday was like Dickhead's Day Out. It seemed that every other customer came into store to have a go. My manager and I being behind the tills were convienient targets.

We'd had 6 Sony PSPs in store (in case you don't know, these things are as scarce as rocking horse shite at the mo) and so we expected some hassle. One woman ran into store pushed straight to the front of queue and demanded I sell her a PSP. I told her to get in the queue and that if we had any left by the time I served her then I would gladly sell her one. She queued, bought a PSP and then spent 15 minutes bitching at my manager because she was in a stress. Hellooooooo, you got what you came in for. Be grateful, you stupid bint.

My 'favourite' customer of the day was a bloke who had come into store after I had refused to refund a PC game his son had bought (this is store policy by the way, no refunds on PC as we can't resell it after the registry code has been entered). He stood at the till and yelled at me for (again) a good 15 minutes. Some of his more choice points are below;

  • Children don't understand the word software (your son had to be over 12 to buy the game in question, and he would have been told he can't return it)
  • He gave me some cock and bull story (emphasis on the cock) that the game had caused him to have to reformat his entire computer (hard bitch that I am, I was unmoved)
  • It is negligent for us to sell games to customers without checking if they will first run on the customer's computer (How is that my fucking responsibility? Caveat Emptor, you fuckwit!)
  • And selling games to kids without checking they knew their PC specs is akin to selling underage kids cigarettes and alcohol (At which point my manager had to step and tell him to leave me alone)
  • He then said we shouldn't sell PC games at all (Hellooooo, the shop is called GAME, that is what we do.)
In the end my manager gave him a gift card, and I was glad to see the back of him. Irritating thing was the game had not been bought in our store. It was patently obvious they had refused to return it and he had come to our store and hassled the two female members of staff until he got what he wanted.

Hope his fucking PC blows up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home