Friday, November 11, 2005

A Close Call

This was almost a 'How Not To Be Elegant' post, only my cat-like reflexes (no sniggering at the back!!) saved me from disaster.

Been cracking on with my Christmas shopping and so made a pilgramage to Waterstone's on Deansgate, which was very busy as Alan Whicker was signing books (I was quite excited, but disappointed that his 'tache didn't flash on and off like on the telly advert) . Due to His Whickerness having a fairly large portion of the ground floor cordoned off so he could sign books, space was limited. Plus I had a handbag (chock full of useless crap as usual), a book bag full of papers, books and a badly stained lab coat (its crystal violet, mum's going to have a job getting that out!!!) and a carrier bag full of goodies for my sis.

So it is no surprise that as I walked past a massively overladen table of books, I knocked some off. But I spun round, like a busty ninja in glasses, and caught them! Much to the amazement of a bloke stood next to me.

Disaster averted.

This time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home