Sunday, August 07, 2005

It's hereditary, honest.

Up until today I thought the hereditary compulsion to buy shoes, which has so viciously afflicted my mother and younger sister, had bypassed me.

That was until I gathered up all my shoes ready to be packed away for when I move.

The pile is so large that I have to climb over my bed to get past it.

It includes;

4 pairs of boots
3 pairs of trainers
2 pairs of black pumps
1 pair of diamante studded heels
1 pair of Birkenstocks that I fully intend to break in. One day.
1 pair of red sling backs (forgot I had them!)
1 pair satin T bars (too cute to get wet)
1 pair of utterly fantastic 4 inch wooden platform wedges

I could go on but I'm frightened the pile of shoeboxes will collapse and my flatmate will have to dig me out.

Dad's going to kill me when he sees this lot.And the two humungous suitcases of clothes are also not my fault. I maintain I have an illness, I can't help it. I need help. And a wheelbarrow to shift them.

That's my story and I'm sticking with it.

6 Comments:

At 1:52 AM, Blogger Greg said...

Out of curiosity, where'll you be living in Mancville?

 
At 10:42 AM, Blogger Sessy said...

No word on a tutor post so far. So for the foreseeable future I will be commuting from home in North Wales.

 
At 12:22 PM, Blogger Greg said...

Crikey. That could be time-intensive.

We should have talked earlier. There might have been potential linked in with my quest for a house, which now looks like it might just about be beginning to bear fruit.

 
At 12:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reading your blog and I figured you'd be interested in advancing your life a bit, call us at 1-206-339-5106. No tests, books or exams, easiest way to get a Bachelors, Masters, MBA, Doctorate or Ph.D in almost any field.

Totally confidential, open 24 hours a day.

Hope to hear from you soon!

 
At 10:47 AM, Blogger Sessy said...

Thanks Anon.

But that looks like a US number (as in american not useless) so I think I'll stick to coventional learning here in the UK.

But thanks for the offer!

 
At 3:47 PM, Blogger Greg said...

What a nice person, that anon. I've been getting emails offering similar advice lately.

Got to be easier than this ridiculous PhD malarkey.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home