Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Two posts in one day is highly irregular....

...but this is an emergency.

Was in the queue at the supermarket when the old man in front of me turned around and the following conversation was had;

"I'm sorry about your nose"
"Pardon?" I pull my headphone out of my ear, thinking I had heard him wrong.
"Your nose. I'm sorry about your nose. And your mouth. Sorry about them" He kept pointing at his face and looking at me like I was disfigured or something.

At this point I put my hand over my face wondering exactly what is wrong with my appearance. Do I have a mark there or worse a huge zit I've failed to notice? I then proceeded to ignore him until he'd left the queue.

Looking in the mirror at home, there is no dirty mark and (thankfully) no zit.

So what is so wrong with my face? Am I really that hideous, that perfect strangers feel the need to tell me they are sorry about the way I look?

I'm going to hide in a dark corner now and nurse my battered self esteem. I want my Mum.

3 Comments:

At 9:30 PM, Blogger Drone said...

Take no notice. The fact that it was an old man speaks for itself. Most old men talk bollocks. Maybe Londoners aren't used to us good-looking North Walians? :-)

 
At 4:26 PM, Blogger Greg said...

How magnificently bizarre. You must celebrate this moment for ever.

 
At 4:36 PM, Blogger Sessy said...

I will celebrate the fact I am flypaper for freaks.

Just as soon as I feel up to taking the paper bag off my head.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home