Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Back to reality. Sucks!

Well, I've spent a lovely week back at the family homestead. I have reached the ripe old age of 22, but more importantly, my Dad has hit 50. He was quite cool about this until my great aunt pointed out;

"Just think, you've lived more years now than you've got left!"

I love my family but I've seen sledgehammers with more subtlety.

Being home for some reason brought out an insatiable urge to shop. Resulting in buying so much stuff that I pretty much had to sit on my case to get it to shut yesterday.

The Zombie Computer now knows that its days are numbered. It died about 2 years ago and my Dad managed to resurrect it through what can only be described as luck and probably voodoo, it has never been the same since. It sits in the corner of my room and only promises of human brains can persuade it to open more than one program at a time. Hence, it is the Zombie Computer.

Since being told that it is to be replaced, it has refused to allow me access to the internet. Time to drive a stake through its CPU and bury it a crossroads. Oh wait, that's vampire computers.

I returned to work today to find that not only did I not have a keyboard but that I had 167 emails to slog through. Most of them wanting stuff urgently. Tough. I was on holiday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home