Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Beware the evil kettle of DOOM!

Last night saw me planning an easy evening watching TV in bed, as the new series of ER started not to mention that perenial favourite of Universally Challenged.

It was cold in the flat so I decided to sit in bed with my hot water bottle (I am a spinster, it is allowed). However when I left the kettle to boil and returned to my room, my TV was no longer working.

Major panic set in! One hour to ER!. Must. Make. TV. Work!!

Turns out the TV and the rest of the electrical equipment was fine, but the kettle had tripped the breaker and turned off all the electrical sockets. After much girly muttering in front of the switch box

"Do we flip it back on?"
"What if we get electrocuted?"
"Should it be flipped up? Or is supposed to be like that?"

We eventually turned it back on, only for the kettle to trip it a further three times before I gave up and boiled water in a pan on the stove. Hard core!

It has however knocked out our internet connection as the modem needs tobe reset, this is difficult as it is locked in my flatmate's room. This would be the flatmate who doesn't live with us.

Isn't life great.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home