Sunday, December 19, 2004

Santa baby, been an awful good girl...

Mind you after a couple of glasses of champers, I'm just plain awful.

Friday saw me at my terribly posh work Christmas party at the Langham Hotel on Portland Place. Yes, it is as posh as it sounds.

But I have seen my first celeb whilst being in London, albeit a minor one. While I was standing in the reception area of the hotel with some friends, Craig Charles of Red Dwarf and Robot Wars fame walked. He's so short!

Anyway, the party was good. We had a champagne reception with canapes, and there were stiltwalkers and jugglers as well as a very good pianist.

The meal was fab, with the creme brulee paritcularly gorgeous and I even had coffee. To sober up after all the wine! For me, the highlight of the evening was the magician who came around the tables. I know I was half cut, but we all sat there gobsmacked at disappearing coins and cards that changed colour, top bloke.

The best trick of the evening however, was to be found in the hotel bar. To make a £10 note disappear, all you had to do was order a vodka and orange. Poof! Off goes the cash, never to be seen again. Bastards!

4 Comments:

At 7:15 PM, Blogger Suzy Parish said...

Stumbled onto your blog by accident (dont' yet know how to navigate these things) but wanted you to know I enjoyed it immensely!! Witty and just enough cutting edge. I'm probably old enough to be your mum, and I am American, but... keep up the clever posts...:-)

 
At 2:53 PM, Blogger Drone said...

£10 for a drink?! Kinda makes you wanna give up drinking. Or take a hip flask full of the strong stuff!
Oh, BTW the Hoof email made feel ill. Thanks for that.

 
At 2:57 PM, Blogger Sessy said...

Thanks Suebee, it's nice to no someone other than Drone reads this drivel.

As for you Drone, I would've thought that the Hoff was an idol of yours, enjoy Christmas :P

 
At 4:20 PM, Blogger Drone said...

How come? Now I'm scared. Hoff, an idol? Yeah I used to love watch Knight Rider when I was 5, but Hoff in trunks is the sort of thing that is likely to give old people heart attacks!
Have a good hols.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home