Thursday, December 23, 2004

Going home for Christmas, Weeeeeee...............

I'm currently sat in my office, complete with suitcase (which has most of a Christmas hamper from M&S packed into it. Got a horrible feeling all my clothes will be covered in Christmas cake and Brandy Butter.

Oh well, at least I'll smell Christmassy.

As my suitcase is rather large and ungainly I took the lift in my building this morning (I live in a first floor flat, so it is usually not a problem plus I hate lifts). I was however slightly disturbed by the automated voice which announces which floor you are one. This are generally spoken in that crisp, Queens English we are all familiar with. Our building appears to have a lift possessed by a drunken Eastern European with a cold.

"Firrrrrrrrrst Fluuuuuuuuuuur." It slurred as it arrived.
"Graaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaant Fluuuuuuuuuuuuur." As I quickly hopped out, slightly frightened by it all.

I prefer my lifts to be awake and alert, in future I will be taking the stairs suitcase or not.

Wish me luck on the train and hopefully there will be some holiday themed posts over the festive period. IF I ever make it home. :S

Merry Christmas everyone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home