Thursday, December 16, 2004

Closer, but yet so far

My flatmate (the one who actually lives in the flat) works for Sky, and as such got free tickets to see the new Jude Law/Julia Roberts flick 'Closer' at the Sony Europe headquarters. Mint!

Free food and booze and a variety of odd types on show. Wanted to slap one girl, a mock-boho arty type who was prattling on to her bemused mate (with much cigarette waving) about how 'Establishment' a friend and her boyf were.

I fucking hate people who use the word 'Establishment' to describe someone who happens to be conservative. By the way love, wearing a beret and several floaty scarves does not make you 'Anti-Establishment'. It just makes you a twat who thinks middle class rebellion is SO NOW. *Rant ends*

Later on as I went back to the bar (free food and drink at this shindig dontcha know) a strange old man started talking to me, the conversation went approximately like this;

"Have you seen the first Fockers film?"

"Pardon?" *At this point all I can think is that either he is saying a rude word in a funny accent or there is a new film about WWI German fighter planes out.*

"The new Fockers film is screening now, you know with Ben Stiller."

"Oh! Meet the Parents!" *Now relieved that a new war film is NOT coming out, flatmate is German might be awkward*

"Yes, have you see it?"

"No, not a Ben Stiller fan." But he had walked away at this point and I was left looking like a fool. I skulked off with my wraps and Archers Aqua, whilst wanting to scream...

"I'm here under false pretenses! I'm a pharmacologist!"

But I digress, the film was (unexpectedly) very good. Not what I'd normally watch, but it was free.

Yesterday was a domestic day, I did washing, ironing, washing up and cleaned the bathroom. All whilst wearing 3 inch diamante studded stilletos. I am a domestic goddess.

Don't look at me like that, they needed breaking in.

2 Comments:

At 10:04 PM, Blogger Eleanor D said...

Hey, never knock the free food! I want one of Boots' chicken wraps now you've mentioned wraps... (found blog from MSN profile!)

I will email you. I am so appalling at remembering to email people. Sorry :)

 
At 3:03 PM, Blogger Sessy said...

Why thank you for reading my ramblings stranger. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home