Thursday, July 13, 2006

Not What I Pay My License Fee For!

I am seriously running out of time with my research project. I've finally finished all my slides but taking the images takes a long time. Especially as I have found something really interesting on one of my samples which has necessitated extra slides being made, and a trip to the MRI for a second opinion. Interesting to me at least, another post on that tomorrow or next week perhaps).

Anyway, I had the whole of yesterday afternoon booked for image analysis on the intimidatingly expensive microscope. But the BBC were filming Horizon in our lab and I was 'asked' if I could leave for an hour. The crew didn't really seem to care that they were causing havoc in our labs which are primarily for diagnostic cases from MRI. The cameraman introduced himself thus;

"Hi. Luke. Cameraman." Shaking my supervisor's hand and ignoring me completely. This was translated to "Hi. Luke. Professional Tool." By the time it reached my ears.

So I still don't have all my photos, my thesis is due in six weeks and my supervisor is in Zurich next week. Going to be a rush to get it all finished.

Yay, pressure!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home