Wednesday, February 09, 2005

The Culinary Adventures of a Madwoman

As yesterday was Pancake Day (yes - I am aware the real name is Shrove Tuesday but as an atheist I will call it whatever I damn well please!), I decided to make pancakes there. Logical, no?

Unhindered by the fact I have no scales, measuring jug or sieve I proceeded to mix eggs, flour and milk with the hopes of making something edible.

Bet you think it went horribly wrong, don't you? You have so little faith in me, granted after reading this blog that is to be expected.

But no, I succeeded and even managed to flip the buggers over without hitting the ceiling or droping them on the floor. Nor did I set fire to anything.

Admittedly my mixing technique needs work, as the kitchen did look like someone had just blown up the Pilsbury Doughboy.

I ate so much I felt ill, muchus funus.

Later while lying on my bed thinking I was about to burst I rang my sister, we got to talking about Valentine's Day (Boo! Hiss!). Sis tell me her boyf (a student like her) got her new hair straighteners, the ones which work on wet hair.

Last year I got face wash and body lotion, I have appalling taste it would appear. Ah well, at least as a spinster I can sit in on Monday with a tub of ice cream and bitch about what a waste of time Valentine's Day is.

3 Comments:

At 1:32 AM, Blogger Greg said...

It's one thing to be an atheist, young lady, it's another altogether to misspell it. Sort that out.

By the way, somehow it appears that the number of Ashburne reapplicants is up by nine on last year. 43 potential returners...

To put it into context, OP only managed 13 reapplicants out of their 1036 students. And reapplication is significantly down across the accommodation sector.

Interesting, I feel.

 
At 12:17 PM, Blogger Sessy said...

My humble apologies, Greg. My typos are legendary.

Not sure if the Accommodation Tzar would take kindly to my return to Camp Ashburnia. Though I would find it amusing.

 
At 7:49 PM, Blogger Eleanor D said...

OP's 13 reapplicants are surely an achievement, though, given the state of OP. I was under the impression that anyone who applied there hadn't actually visited the halls before applying for accommodation, and that those unfortunates wouldn't want to return after a year...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home